Internship Offer: Digital Content Creator in an Online Magazine
Internship starting on June 15, 2022, for 6 months - Geneva (Switzerland)
BØWIE is an initiative of Be You Network. We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love, or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 300,000 people to take action, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge and Le Temps.
The project that you'll be working on
BØWIE Magazine: An online magazine and Instagram account showcasing curated content and products from worldwide creators reshaping gender through film, fashion, art, music & more. More information: https://www.bowiecreators.com/
BØWIE Incubator: A 6-month programme that allows anyone to launch a gender and LGBTIQ+ project, surrounded by a community that provides inspiration, skills, and support (e.g. business development, project management, communication and marketing, fundraising, networking). More information on our website: https://www.bowiecreators.com/incubator
- Participating in the definition of our social media strategy for our 2 accounts: @bowiecreators and @be_you_network and (Instagram and Facebook)
- Growing our @bowiecreators community on Instagram in terms of number of followers and engagement through growth hacking techniques and creative content production
- Scouting the best queer and feminist projects from around the world and participate in the curation of the projects that will be showcased on the BØWIE magazine
- Creating content (copy, images and short video clips) for our 2 social media accounts based on the accounts' branding, guidelines and editorial calendar
- Creating content for the magazine and publishing it online via our CMS Webflow
- Interacting with creators to present them our opportunities or partnerships
- Running interviews with creators
- Evaluating and reporting the impact of our social media presence each month (Facebook/Instagram statistics)
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- Creative by nature, you master graphic design softwares like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop and use them on a regular basis
- Knowing how to use After Effect and how to make TikTok & Reels are a plus
- You are interested in digital marketing, you regularly use Instagram and Facebook, and you would like to become a pro
- You are comfortable in social contacts, are eager to get in touch with the creators that we support, and looking forward to hearing their stories
- You enjoy writing in English and are able to converse in French (that’s our team language), and you're irritated by the spelleeng mistakes in this sentence, as well as by the double spaces
- You’re ready to take on Instagram and Facebook statistics to analyse the results of your publications
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
- A full-time internship in Geneva, Switzerland starting on June 15, 2022 for 6 months (we work remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays and in the office in Geneva on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- The opportunity to participate in the development of two innovative, creative and socially impactful projects with a national and international audience
- CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
- Skills in communication, strategy development, content creation, graphic design, community management, digital marketing and social entrepreneurship
- Access to our national and global network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship, and social innovation, and the opportunity to participate in cool events in all of these domains
- Regular team-building events to get out of the office and get together!
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply until May 31, 2022, on this form and tell us your vision for the @bowiecreators Instagram account, and how you imagine contributing to it in terms of content and visibility. Don't hesitate to attach your portfolio if you have one! We'll discuss it over virtual coffee!